Several of the library’s databases are now available on mobile platforms! This is great news for a few reasons. Using your mobile device, you can now:
- Access certain resources off-campus.
- Retrieve information efficiently when you’re away from your desktop.
- Access popular resources with one tap, by saving resources as “apps” on your phone’s desktop.
The following resources are currently available on mobile platforms for all NJH employees:
STAT!Ref – available for iPhone/iPad, Android, Blackberry
What it is: A collection of medical dictionaries, calculators, peer-reviewed evidence summaries on clinical topics written by the American College of Physicians (the database of evidence summaries is known as ACP PIER).
Use it to: Calculate the malignancy risk of solitary pulmonary nodules presenting in radiologic images.
Find the latest news on a topic, like COPD – including published or cited articles, health alerts, and “articles of interest,” added by field experts.
How to get it: Download the free app here (free to NJH employees).
What it is: A collection of reference textbooks, full text journals, clinical review articles, drug information tools, and color images.
Use it to: Find a high-quality images and diagrams for presentation, like a diagram of the cytokines involved in asthma
Print patient education hand-outs on conditions like celiac disease.
How to get it:
- Access MD Consult on campus, from a desktop computer.
- Create an account, using the link in the UPPER RIGHT of MD Consult’s homepage.
- After submitting your personal account info, log out on your desktop.
- Go to http://mobile.mdconsult.com on your mobile device.
What it is: A collection of disease-based evidence summaries, organized by clinical category (prevention, diagnosis, treatment, etc.), and calculators, including decision trees and medical equations.
Use it to: Get quick overviews (and the resulting evidence rankings) of treatment efficacy trials and studies, like the evidence on alpha-1 antitrypsin augmentation therapy.
How to get it: Contact the library to get an individual log-in code and download the app from your device’s marketplace or app store.
LexiComp: available for iPhone/iPad, Android, Blackberry, Palm
What it is: A pharmacology resource that includes drug identification tools, compatibility and contraindication databases, and patient education handouts for adult, pediatric, and neonatal drugs.
Use it to: Identify an unknown pill, using imprint and physical characteristic information. Look up interactions between prescribed drugs and natural/alternative medicine supplements.
How to get it:
- Access Lexicomp on campus through the Library’s homepage (under Quick Links).
- Click on “Mobile App Access” on the right.
- Select your mobile device from the drop-down menu.
- Use the Product Code provided and your NJH email address to register for a mobile account.