Earth Day Reference Guide – resources from the Library of Congress’s Science Technology & Business Division. Includes sections on:
- How to live and work sustainably
- Ecosystems – flora and fauna; climatology and weather
- Geography and geology
- Student resources
- Historical resources
Environmental Health & Toxicology – consumer and professional resources from the US Dept. of Health & Human Services.
TOXNET – a collection of databases from the US Dept. of Health & Human Services on hazardous chemicals, toxic releases, and environmental health. Includes:
- Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB) – comprehensive, peer-reviewed toxicology data for more than 5,000 chemicals.
- TOXMAP® – uses United States maps to explore data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) and Superfund programs.
- Haz-Map® – information on the health effects of exposure to chemical and biological agents used in industry, on the job and at home.